On The Road Again…
My family and I are headed out for a summer R&R trip to BC soon, so I have put together a spell for safe travel that I can take along with me. I have included sea salt, orange peel, lavender petals, sage powder and white rose petals – all pretty common, readily available witches cupboard herbs.
Forgetting The Ginger
Sage was included to banish negativity, sea salt for protection to and fro, lavender for a relaxing and harmonious trip and orange peel for happiness. Now I almost used ginger in this spell to add a little adventure, but then had second thoughts about what I was wishing for… Our family vacation adventures can be adventurous in unwelcome ways, such as vehicle breakdowns, having our watercraft stolen or reservation mishaps, so on this trip I thought a nice predictable happy and relaxing trip was what we were really intending! The added white rose petals at the top will represent each of the journey participants.
What You’ll Need:
- A jar or bottle with a lid
- Blue candle
- Sea Salt
- Orange Peel
- White Rose Petals
- (optional) paper and pen to write, ribbon or string
Safe Travel Spell Instructions:
- Collect all of your ingredients.
- Light a blue candle.
- Cleanse your jar over the flame.
- As you pour each layer, recite a line.
- Add the rose petals to the top.
- Seal with blue wax from your candle.
- Keep with you as you travel and enjoy your trip.
- (optional) Write out the incantation and attach it to the jar with a ribbon or string or put it in the jar before your ingredients (that’s what I do).
Jar Ingredients Layered:
- Sea Salt – protection
- Orange Peel – happiness
- Lavender – harmony & relaxation
- Sage – to banish negativity
- White Rose Petal for each traveller
By the shining light of lady moon
I reach my destination soon
The trip shall safe and merry be
For all concerned as well as me
ETA: Put it in a baggie if you are going to a hot location because the wax seal will melt… everywhere.