Well, the storm went around us, so all that excitement over storm water was all for not *sighs*, but at least it inspired me to learn more about the use of rain water and I’ll be ready next time.
I have read that there are some spells you can do to call upon the rain, however I’m not sure I believe one can change the weather with a wish. I suppose if you are really desperate you could give it a try and well.. it beats sitting around tapping your fingernails waiting for it.
Calling Upon The Rain
In past times, witches were said to invoke rain by the following practices:
- Casting flint stones behind their backs towards the west.
- Stirring water with their fingers in ground holes.
- Tossing sand into the air.
A Herbal Calling
There are tons and tons of different ways to call the rain, however I tend to lean towards the use of herbs and oils, so these ones appealed to me.
- Burning heather with fern outdoors. (and henbane… if you can find it? I haven’t seen any).
- Making a tea with heather and fern, using the tea to water the ground outside.
I’m off to collect some fern from my garden! It’s so exciting when I learn I can add a new ingredient to my cupboard, especially if it’s right here in my very own yard!
I NEED A JAR!
Useful Articles on the subject:
Traditional Weather Witching By Otherworld Apothecary – Very informative.
Make it Rain Spell by Sherunjhaye – I thought this was a nice spell.